[Scons-users] Installed files not removed by "scons -c"

Davide Coppola vivaladav at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 13:41:43 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure if this is the right way of doing it, but I'm using the
Install command to copy some files from a data directory to the directory
containing the final executable.

The SConscript I'm using is something like:

Import('env')

localEnv = env.Clone();

# sources
fonts = localEnv.Glob('fonts/*')
imgs = localEnv.Glob('imgs/*')

# install
localEnv.Install('#/bin/%s/game/assets/fonts/' % localEnv['mode'], fonts)
localEnv.Install('#/bin/%s/game/assets/imgs/' % localEnv['mode'], imgs)

and it works fine installing all the files and directories contained in
fonts/ and imgs/.

The problem appears when I try to clean the project calling "scons -c".
All the installed files are removed, but not the directories and the files
in them.

Just to be clear, this is what I have in my data/ directory:
data/fonts/
data/fonts/basic.ttf
data/imgs/
data/imgs/backgrounds/
data/imgs/backgrounds/bg01.jpg

This is what's inside the assets/ directory after running "scons":
assets/fonts/
assets/fonts/basic.ttf
assets/imgs/
assets/imgs/backgrounds/
assets/imgs/backgrounds/bg01.jpg

And this is what's left in assets/ after running "scons -c":
assets/fonts/
assets/imgs/
assets/imgs/backgrounds/
assets/imgs/backgrounds/bg01.jpg

As you can see the file in assets/fonts/ is removed, but the file in
assets/imgs/backgrounds/ is not.

Is this a bug or an expected behaviour (I'm using SCons 2.3.1)?

Thanks

--
Davide Coppola

*email:* vivaladav at gmail.com