[Scons-users] Sanity Check

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Tue Mar 18 11:10:01 EDT 2014

I think I am probably just going to display some ignorance but…

The following SConstruct:

import os

environment = Environment(
ENV = os.environ
)

outputCrate = environment.Command('liboutput-048e8aee-0.0.so', 'output.rs', 'rustc --crate-type dylib -O $SOURCE')

for f in Glob('pi_*.rs'):
environment.Command(f.name.replace('.rs', ''), [f, outputCrate], 'rustc -o $TARGET -O $SOURCE -L .')

causes "outputCrate" to to be built prior to all the rust codes being
compiled, i.e everything builds as required. However the "outputCrate"
object is not removed on "scons -c" which has surprised me. It is
clearly in the dependency tree "scons --tree=all" shows it quite
clearly. However "scons -c --tree=all" does not print a tree and doesn
remove the crate as expected. Or is my expectation wrong?

Thanks.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net