[Scons-users] C++ compiler selection algorithm

Matthias-Christian Ott ott at mirix.org
Thu Mar 13 16:05:10 EDT 2014

I recently worked on a C++ library that I compiled under several
Unix-like operating systems and Microsoft Windows. On Unix-like
operating systems changing CC kind of worked (although there were
problems with the Sun linker), but only because the Sun C++ compiler
accepts the same command-line options as g++. On Microsoft Windows the
situation is even worse, because you often have multiple incompatible
compilers installed. I solved this by adding a variable on the command
line and manually loading tools.

Would patches be accepted to SCons.Tool.tool_list to restrict the
compiler selection similar to waf's --check-cxx-compiler?

Regards,
Matthias-Christian