[Scons-users] Glob

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Mar 8 14:32:08 EST 2014

On Sat, 2014-03-08 at 19:07 +0000, Andrew Featherstone wrote:

> file_names = map(str, Glob('*.cc'))

> file_names.remove('specialSourceFile.cc')

> If you wanted to then end up with a list of file nodes then

> File(file_names)

This idea doesn't work as is.

I tried:

map(str, Glob('*.cc')).remove('theFile.cc')

but that fails because str causes absolute paths to be generated.

map(str, Glob('*.cc')).remove(File('theFile.cc').abspath)

fails because the abspath of a File is in the build directory and I have
a variant build to get the compilation products out of the source
directory. Fortunately:

map(str, Glob('*.cc')).remove(str(File('theFile.cc'))

appears to do the trick.

Sadly this must be classified as hacking, SCons build folk should not
have to do this sort of thing. There must be a better way.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road m: +44 7770 465 077 xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk