[Scons-users] Adding new platforms

Russell, J.J. russell at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Mar 4 18:16:04 EST 2014

Since I work in a cross-development environment, I would like to add a new 'platform' complete with its 'tools' corresponding to each target architecture, such that I can say

env = Environment (platform = 'my_target_platform')

in much the same way you can say

env = Environment (platform = 'os2')

I can generate the platform specification and even get it generated, however, I am stymied being able to 'register' the platform by name. I glanced over the code that SCons uses, but this seems to assume that one is getting the 'platform' from a Python package of that name contained in the Platform subdirectory of SCons. While perhaps I could put my stuff there, I would rather not modify the SCons source code in anyway.

To some extent, I realize this is syntactical sugar, but it makes accessing the cross-development platforms uniform.

Suggestions?

Jim Russell

Dr. James J. Russell
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center