[Scons-users] VariantDir not working

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat Jun 28 12:24:22 EDT 2014

Hi Ronex,

On 28.06.2014 17:19, Ronex Dicapriyo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am tring to use SConscript as follows,
> SConscript(['dir_1/SConscript', 'dir_2/SConscript'], export=env)
>
> Here when SConscript of dir_1 executes, I want it to create objects,
> libraries etc... under "dir_1/build" directory:
>
> For that Inside dir_1/SConscript I am using VariantDir function as
> follows:
>
> Import ('env')
> VariantDir('build', 'src', duplicate=0)before calling any builder methods.

I have a question regarding your current setup. Where exactly did you
find the syntax of VariantDir as you're using it? Can you please give an
URL or the name of the file in the "docs" folder of SCons that served as
your reference documentation in this case?

Additionally, it would help if you could copy-paste the full contents of
your dir_1/SConscript to your next email.
Thanks a lot in advance for your answer.