[Scons-users] Emitter running too early

Carl Cerecke carl.cerecke at compacsort.com
Sun Jun 22 18:30:48 EDT 2014

I am using the DistTar builder
(http://www.scons.org/wiki/DistTarBuilder) but the emitter is running
too early.
The build order is correct - the creation of the tar file happens at
the end - but the emitter is run before other commands that populate
the directories that will be in the tar file.

So I get something like this sequence, when tarring up the directory foo:

[build creates foo/bar]
[build creates foo/baz]
DistTar emitter runs, adds foo/bar and foo/baz to source list
[build creates foo/wibble]
DistTar builder runs, creates tarfile with contents foo/bar and
foo/baz (but not foo/wibble)

How do I get the DistTar emitter to run after foo/wibble is created?
I have an explicit env.Depends(tar-file-name, foo/wibble), but this
does not help. (I think Depends only dictates build order,  not when
the emitter runs?)

How do I ensure the emitter runs once all the files that it expects
have been created?

Cheers,
Carl.
--