[Scons-users] Making SConscript dependent on another SConscript's target present in the same directory (target depency across SConscripts files)

Harry Cruise princeharry_89 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 06:35:51 EDT 2014

Hello,

root_dir
SConstruct

 -- dir_1
    -- SConscript.a
    -- SConscript.b
 -- dir_2
    -- SConscript.a
    -- SConscript.b

 -- dir_n
    -- SConscript.a
    -- SConscript.b

How can I add dependency in SConscript.b such that it first executes SConscript.a ?

SConscript.a - used to build library
SConscript.b - used to copy library and few other files.
                        --> Copy the library generated using SConscript.a
                        --> copy necessary files after it

I want SConstruct to call SConscript.b, where SConscript.b's target install has some dependecy on SConscript.a's target.

SConscript.b :

I1 = env.Install(...)

env.Alias('install', I1)

# Make install target dependent on the lib target of SConscript.a

Depends(install, 'lib')

1) How above stuffs can be done in scons ?
    Explicit dependency on targets across different SConscript files

2) How can I add some callback function that can be execute after the execution of specific target ?

Kindly help for mentioned queries. I heartily appreciate all the pointers and suggestions.

Regards,
Harry