[Scons-users] Symbolic links issue

Erling D. Andersen e.d.andersen at mosek.com
Thu Jun 12 04:35:24 EDT 2014

We use scons to create so symbolic to an shared object (.so file) now that
give rise to the error

  scons: *** [bld/gram/final/default/intelc-14.0.1/dll/libmosek64.so]
File exists

Here is the diagnose behind the problem.

When we rebuild the shared object then of course

  1. The shared object target is deleted
  2. The symbolic link should be deleted.

Now if it happens to delete the shared object first then symbolic does
***NOT*** get deleted because the file it points does not exists.
Now if it happens to delete symbolic link first it works fine.

How does scons decide when to delete symbolic links? Anyone knows where
that decision is made in source code?

--
Erling D. Andersen

MOSEK APS