[Scons-users] Failed command does not invalidate the target

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Wed Jun 4 06:59:47 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 11:44 PM, William Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com>
wrote:

> SCons does assume that you don’t modify the output files from a build.
> It only keeps the signatures for sources, not targets.
>

> This is true.  However I'm wondering about Neil's original question, which
is shouldn't SCons delete the target if the builder fails?  I thought SCons
always deletes the target(s) before running a builder, so I'm guessing in
his case the builder wrote a partial output file and then failed.  I think
in this case it probably does make sense for SCons to delete the failed
output file.  Opinions?

--
Gary