[Scons-users] error 127

William Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Tue Jun 3 23:42:10 EDT 2014

Peter,

If I had to guess, I’d say you’ve exceeded the maximum command line length with 5000 source files, and the shell is exiting with 127 status?

-Bill

On June 1, 2014 at 9:55:35 PM, Peter Kerpedjiev (pkerpedjiev at gmail.com) wrote:

Hi,

I'm getting an error 127 and have no idea why. It comes up after running
a simple cat command. Here's the relevant sections of the SConstruct file:

import os

env = Environment(ENV=os.environ)
consolidate_angles = Builder(action="cat $SOURCES > $TARGET")
env.consolidate(output_angles, angles_files)

Where output_angles = 'some_file.csv' and angles_files = ['file1.csv',
'file2.csv', ... ]. I've attached the output and the error I get. The
array angles_files has about 5000 entries. If I reduce it to 3000,
the build completes without errors. If I take entries 3000 - 5000,
I also don't get any errors, leading me to believe that it's the length
of the argument list that's problematic. If I run the corresponding
command with all 5000 arguments on the command line, it works fine.

Any ideas about why this happens and/or how to fix it? Like I said, if I
copy and paste the command into bash, it works just fine. It's also the
last command in the SConstruct file, if that makes any difference.

-Peter