[Scons-users] Error using scons on Windows XP

Freddy Martinez Garcia freddy311082 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 17:47:21 EDT 2014

Hi again Andrew and thanks for yours advices

I had download the .Net framework from the link that you share me…. but the scons now give me the following error:

scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons version: 2.3.2
python version: 2 7 8 'final' 0
Checking whether the C++ compiler works... (cached) yes
Checking whether the C compiler works... (cached) yes
Checking if C++ compiler "$CC" is MSVC... (cached) yes
Checking if C compiler "cl" is MSVC... (cached) yes
Checking if toolchain is in 64-bit mode... (cached) no
Checking if we are using libstdc++... (cached) no
WARNING: Cannot disable C++11 features when using MSVC
Checking if we are on a POSIX system... (cached) no
Checking for VS 2013 Update 2 or Later... (cached) no
Checking for __declspec(thread)... (cached) yes
Checking for C++11 <atomic> support... (cached) no
Checking for C++ header file boost/version.hpp... (cached) yes
Checking for C header file unistd.h... (cached) no
Checking whether timegm is declared... (cached) no
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
cl /Fobuild\win32\normal\mongo\client\examples\arrayExample.obj /c src\mongo\client\examples\arrayExample.cpp /TP /nologo /EHsc /W3 /wd4244 /wd4251 /wd4267 /wd4275 /wd4290 /wd4355 /wd4800 /WX /Z7 /errorReport:none /MT /O2 /Oy- /D_UNICODE /DUNICODE /DNOMINMAX /D_CONSOLE /D_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_WARNINGS /D_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS /D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE /D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS /D_SCL_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE /D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0501 /DNTDDI_VERSION=0x05010300 /DMONGO_HAVE___DECLSPEC_THREAD /D_VARIADIC_MAX=10 /DBOOST_THREAD_USES_DATETIME /DSTATIC_LIBMONGOCLIENT /Ibuild\win32\normal\third_party\gtest-1.7.0\include /Isrc\third_party\gtest-1.7.0\include /Ibuild\win32\normal /Isrc /Ibuild\win32\normal\mongo /Isrc\mongo /IC:\Boost\include\boost-1_55 /Z7
arrayExample.cpp
C:\Documents and Settings\freddy\My Documents\mongo-cxx-driver\src\mongo/platform/cstdint.h(24) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'cstdint': No such file or directory

sorry for ask, but I’m not Windows user… I just need made a deploy on Windows, and my application run well over Linux and Mac… but I can’t compile mongo-client-cxx yet for windows…

best regard bro

Freddy Martinez Garcia
Lic. Ciencia de la Computacion
C++ and Qt Senior Developer