[Scons-users] Is there a way to turn this warning message off?

Mark A. Flacy mflacy at verizon.net
Sat Jul 26 17:26:35 EDT 2014

On Saturday, July 26, 2014 04:52:00 PM William Blevins wrote:
> As Mark has already stated, this is a consistency problem.  Why do the
> C/C++ tools complain by default when none of the other tools do?  It would
> be reasonable to give a warning if the build called the C/C++ scanner for
> example, but in the case above, it sounds like the tool is never used.  It
> is not reasonable for the warning just because SCons in running on Windows
> and SCons happens to support C/C++.
>
> I have a usage question. Does the warning still appear in you set the
> DefaultEnvironment( tools = [] )?

No, it does not.

If I do not set the DefaultEnvironment and simply create one, like so...

env = Environment(tools = ['textfile'],
                  variables = vars,
                  use_dblatex = GetOption('use_dblatex'),
		  ENV =  { 'PATH' : os.environ['PATH'] }
                  )

...then I do get the warning.  Only, of course, if I'm running on Windows.

--
Mark A. Flacy