[Scons-users] MinGW64 support is missing

Kay Hayen kay.hayen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 04:26:04 EDT 2014

Hello,

to link against CPython with 64 bits, I was adding MinGW64 support to
Nuitka. This only works, while I move "C:\MinGW" away. In MSVC there is
code that searches for this:

key_program = 'mingw32-gcc'

That is probably a bad choice, as it precludes MinGW64 from being found.

So, it only works, if the default install of MinGW (32 bits) is moved away.
Of course, I would like to keep it, due to scp.exe, and I expect other
Nuitka users to have it. Especially because so far, that was the only
supported MinGW.

Changing it to "gcc" works for me to allow MinGW64 as found in the PATH to
be respected.

Is there MinGW64 support for Scons somewhere?

Yours,
Kay