[Scons-users] scons and clang++

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Fri Jul 18 05:45:34 EDT 2014

On 18.07.2014 11:23, Florian Lindner wrote:
> Dirk Bächle wrote:
>
>> [...]
> Isn't the point of calling env = conf.Finish() not to allow you to set all
> variables in env and test not before calling Finish()?
And what if your configure tests depend on an environment having been
setup properly? ;)

The basic idea here is to setup your Environment first (PATH + detected
Tools), and then with Configure() to further refine your build
description by adding include and lib paths, based on what
libraries/packages you find (based on the Environment, as defined in
step 1).

> Right now it works without importing the entire environment. The only import
> I do is about $TERM. Since I do that only for compiler==clang++ it can't be
> done in constructor.
Okay, if it works...don't touch it. ;)