[Scons-users] Build Order

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat Jul 12 17:33:57 EDT 2014

Hello Jim,

On 12.07.2014 20:29, Russell, J.J. wrote:
> Before compiling some C code, an include directory which that code uses needs to be populated.  I’ve written a builder to do this populating, but, because SCons controls the build order, there is no guarantee that the include directory will be populated when needed by the Object builder.

it should just work...if your Builder correctly returns the list of
copied targets in the include directory (you might need an Emitter for
this), and the CPPPATH variable points to your includes, such that they
get detected as implicit dependencies by SCons.
Then it *is* guaranteed that the required headers get copied before a
target's build.

So I'm wondering why you think you need additional methods like Requires
or Depends. But maybe I'm missing something. Do you have something like
a simple example (SConstruct + Builder) that you can post?