[Scons-users] scon for windows 64 bit

Ronex Dicapriyo ronex_89 at yahoo.in
Tue Jul 8 13:34:32 EDT 2014

Hello,

After some futile attempts to use scons with visual c++ 2010, I yielded and tried to run the same with visual c++ 2013, In my system currently both the version of visual c++ express edition are installed. So say curretly two versions of cl.exe and other tools are present, over default location.

Visual C++ Express 2010 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\
Visual C++ Express 2013 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\VC\bin\

Using 2013 command prompt for 64bit, it now throes the error "cl is not recognized as internal or external command". Notably if I tries to compile a program directly it works and PATH variable is also set appropriately.

After this When I tries to use MSVC_VERSION='13.0' along with TARGET_ARCH='amd64', it shows possile value for MSVC_VERSION as ['10.0'] only, and throws warning that compiler and other tools would not set properly, with the same above error.

Am I following any wrog approach ? How multiple compiler or compiler version will get handles under windows without using any addition tool/program other than scons, python and compiler specific tools.