[Scons-users] scon for windows 64 bit

Ronex Dicapriyo ronex_89 at yahoo.in
Mon Jul 7 10:59:56 EDT 2014

Hello Bill Deegan,

Thanks for your response.  Please see my response in-lined.

On Monday, 7 July 2014 12:21 AM, Bill Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, 6 July 2014 2:42 PM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:
>

>You do realize that you can install and run 32 bit python on a 64 bit windows machine?

[Ronex] Yes, But due to some requirement constraints I could not use 32 bit
python, I think as suggested by Dirk in this mail-chain I should try with
scon-local
This means that you do not have the 64 bit compilers installed through
visual studio, but rather through the platform SDK install. (I believe).

>>Are you explicitly listing the tools for your Environment()? or are you allowing them to default?
>>
>>When you installed ms visual studio did you install in the default location?
[Ronex] Yes, I have installed visual c++ express 2010 edition in the default location, I installed windows SDK 7.1 before installing visual c++, As SDK can also be used for build using 64 bit compilers/linkers.
64 bit tools are present seperately under VC\bin\[x64/amd64] directories.

If I tried to run compilation command manually it's working fine, But I think as suggested by Jason Kenny, I need to give a try to TARGET_ARCH construction variable. Currently could not check as I don't have windows setup now.