[Scons-users] scons 'Install' builder could not recognize file changed

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sat Jul 5 09:56:22 EDT 2014

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 9:20 AM, Ronex Dicapriyo <ronex_89 at yahoo.in> wrote:

> In my example I want the file(any file used in Install builder for copy)
> get copied in the common directory, even when I call with main target. (If
> it's modified)

If you make the common directory a dependency of the main target, you'll
get the behavior you want.
  env.Depends(main_target, common_directory)

... but you are right to question whether this is really what you want. If
those files really are not needed to create the main target, then SCons is
behaving correctly by not building stuff that's not needed.

--
Gary