[Scons-users] scons 'Install' builder could not recognize file changed

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Thu Jul 3 13:20:02 EDT 2014

Hi Ronex,

On 03.07.2014 16:46, Ronex Dicapriyo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I ntoiced a problem in scons Install builder that, it doesn't copies
> file even if it's changed.

first, please consider that you aren't the first person who tries to
install files...so the chances that the Install builder has indeed a
problem (bug?) are slim to none.

> SConscript.moduleA file:
>
> lib_1 = env.SharedLibrary(...)
>
> CUR_DIR = <path of directory where this SConscript.moduleA is present >
> file_list    = Glob(os.path.join(CUR_DIR, 'dir-1', '*'))
> copy_file = env.Install(os.path.join('common', 'dir-1'), file_list)
> Install = env.Alias('install', [lib, copy_file])
> for item in [lib, copy_file]
> env.Depends('install', lib)
> env.Default(Install)
>

> SConscript.moduleB file:
>
> # call to the SConscript.moduleA
> SConscript(['<path_of_SConscript.moduleA>/SConscript.moduleA'],
> exports='env')
> lib_2 = env.SharedLibrary(...)
> env.Default(lib)
>
> In SConscript.moduleB Ineed to call SConscript because of some
> dependencies of lib_2[0] on lib_1[0]. Here if lib_1[0] is not present
> then it gets builded, but install target doesn't executed.
>
> Am I using it in a wrong way ?

Probably. But this is difficult to tell, unless you provide a minimal
working example (MWE) such that other users can reproduce your current
problem.