[Scons-users] Extracting "-I" paths in a complex tree

andreas.ames at de.transport.bombardier.com andreas.ames at de.transport.bombardier.com
Fri Jan 17 11:03:32 EST 2014

> I agree, that would be perfect. I don't know of any such

> implementation though.

> That said, Scanners are more-or-less pluggable, so if you wrote one

> you could pretty easily plug it in.

I've actually thought about that but I'm stuck with two doubts because of
my lack of knowledge about SCons internals. Maybe you (or someone else)
can help me with this:

1. AFAIK, source scanners are executed *before* the actual build. In case
of using compiler outputs for dependency generation this is not possible.
OTOH, implementing this as a target scanner wouldn't be desirable in this
case because in my understanding this requires a complete rebuild after
the initial build as all implicit dependencies will be new on the second
build. So, do you know of a simple possibility to 'postpone' the
execution of a source scanner to combine it with the actual build?

2. To implement such a scanner the output of the compiler must be
filtered; in the case of gcc it's the stderr that is relevant. Is there
any hook available in SCons to filter the build command's output?

TIA,

aa

Please consider the environment before you print / Merci de penser à
l'environnement avant d'imprimer / Bitte denken Sie an die Umwelt bevor
Sie drucken

Bombardier Transportation GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats / Chairman of Supervisory Board: Prof. Dr.
Wilhelm Bender
Geschäftsführung / Executive Board: Michael Clausecker
(Vorsitzender/Chairman), Dr. Susanne Kortendick, David Barry, Matthias
Keller
Sitz der Gesellschaft / Principal Office: Berlin
Registergericht / Registration Court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB
64838

This e-mail communication (and any attachment/s) may contain confidential
or privileged information and is intended only for the individual(s) or
entity named above and to others who have been specifically authorized to
receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication to others. Please
notify the sender that you have received this e-mail in error by reply
e-mail, and delete the e-mail subsequently. Please note that in order to
protect the security of our information systems an AntiSPAM solution is in
use and will browse through incoming emails.
Thank you.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message (ainsi que le(s) fichier(s)), transmis par courriel, peut
contenir des renseignements confidentiels ou protégés et est destiné à
l?usage exclusif du destinataire ci-dessus. Toute autre personne est, par
les présentes, avisée qu?il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, le
distribuer ou le reproduire. Si vous l?avez reçu par inadvertance,
veuillez nous en aviser et détruire ce message. Veuillez prendre note
qu'une solution antipollupostage (AntiSPAM) est utilisée afin d'assurer la
sécurité de nos systèmes d'information et qu'elle furètera les courriels
entrants.
Merci.