[Scons-users] Code organization

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Thu Jan 16 17:46:04 EST 2014

There is some experimental code in src/engine/SCons/Scanner/C.py to
use a much-closer-to-real-cpp scanner in cpp.py; it hasn't been fully
tested but it was intended for uses just like this. Boost, for
instance, plays these tricks all the time, so you need something like
a real cpp to figure out the dependencies if you're writing boost
code.

You could try uncommenting it (the line is "return
SConsCPPScannerWrapper" near the end of the file and see what happens.
No promises though. :-)

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 5:31 PM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Rob,

> On 16.01.2014 22:20, Managan, Rob wrote:

>> I believe that Scons does call the preprocessor. It definitely works for

>> items added to CPPDEFINES; they get added to the command line and my code

>> relies on them; at least for things like #ifdef ...

> #defines and #ifdefs get scanned for and processed, just like in the C

> preprocessor, but no macro expansions take place for example. This would be

> required for the current user example...

> Regards,

> Dirk

Gary