[Scons-users] How can I manipulate $SOURCE and $TARGET

Jim Russell russell at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 14 13:58:50 EST 2014

Tom, thanks for your answer, it works like a charm.

Now that you have given me the fish, can you teach me to fish myself? I've
looked in vain for documentation or any thread that I could have followed
that would allow me to discover this on my own. Admittedly, I overlook the
obvious at times. I sort of guessed that I could use a method to do this,
but had no idea what its call signature would be.

As an side. Is SCONs identifying construction variables as being strings
that begin with '$' and those subject to a translation method? Are there
other places, besides in the $xxxCOMSTR variables where I can effect the
translation? If so, it would seem the call signature would depend on the
context, i.e. the call signature of

foo (target, source, env, for_signature)

would seem specific to the $xxxCOMSTR class of construction variables. What
about other classes?

JJRussell