[Scons-users] Scons not using MinGW to build although being told to

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Wed Dec 17 18:06:28 EST 2014

Hi Andreas,

On 17.12.2014 23:26, Andreas Krügersen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried to set up a simple Hello World style SConstruct on Win 8.1
> with multiple versions of Visual Studio installed, along with a working
> MinGW installation. I want to use MinGW for my project so I set up my
> SConstruct as follows:
>
> [...]
>
> Note that my MinGW, Python and SCons installations work fine. I can
> invoke g++ from cmd.exe, scons.bat obviously works fine as well.
>
> Or do I have to build from the MinGW shell explicitly?

I think you should start by having a look at our FAQ ( http://scons.org/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions ), and there mainly the #1 of
"most frequently-asked frequently asked questions" right at the top of the page.
For your MinGW compiler to be found, it has to be on the PATH...and you have to make this path known to your build environment too.

Hope this helps...