[Scons-users] Just abandoned an attempt to subclass Node.FS.Dir() .. alternative?

Matthew Swabey mattaw at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 08:07:12 EST 2014

I just finished an attempt to subclass Node.FS.Dir() to be a Modelsim
library and the amount of code needing changes would probably be about 500
lines or more.

So forget that idea.

How about creating the Dir object and then appending attributes to identify
it, custom builders that will use and modify those attributes and possibly
adding some methods that can be used to manage how it works (thinking of
overriding the signature detection/generation)?

Then I could treat it as a Dir after instantiation (which is what most of
the code that needs changes is all about - how many wrappers!).

Thoughts? Potential pitfalls? I can imagine adding extra methods could be
dangerous because of the need to memoize them etc.

Matthew