[Scons-users] Python Logging?

Nick Hilton weegreenblobbie at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 30 19:10:22 EDT 2014

Yes, I've tried using it but it's not as accurate as I would like.  When using a CacheDir, explain will just say the file doesn't exist and will rebuild it.

I've ran into permissions issues with a shared CacheDir() so explain won't indicate that a cached file exists but can't be read.  It won't tell me that it can't write to the cache either.

I'd like to see some logging that states this level of detail.

Sometimes I'd like this detail for documenting the dependency tree, with details about how a dependency got into the tree in the first place.

:)
Nick