[Scons-users] Python Logging?

Nick Hilton weegreenblobbie at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 30 16:02:19 EDT 2014

Hello,

I would like to lean the structure of scons so I can create fixes for bugs that I find.  However the codebase is pretty complex the last time I tried to follow the execution path.

For a project at work, we are using a shared cache dir, yet sometimes I see output like this:

    Retrieved some/path/to/target from cache
    Building some/path/to/target

So it pulled the file from cache and then immediately builds it again.

Using the the Python logging module might help newbies or veterans alike to understand what's happening under the hood.

Are there any plans on using the Python logging module to get detailed debug messages as to why actions are taking place?

Thanks!
Nick