[Scons-users] Eclipse-friendly compile error output

Will Rouesnel w.rouesnel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 22:50:09 EDT 2014

So I'm building a project using variant directories for debug and release.

The problem is, this means gcc doesn't build my source files from their
original locations - it builds them from build/debug/etc/source.cpp and
the like.

This would be fine, except it very much slows down (and adds a hazard)
to my workflow, since in Eclipse I can't just click the error and go
straight to the correct *original* source file. Worse, if I forget this,
it'll link me to the debug source file, which will be overwritten when I
recompile.

I know I can use something like the CXXCOMSTR= variables to change how
building each file is output. Can I do the same for error message spew
from the compiler, so I can use a regex to change the given filepath
back to the original file - and thus let the Eclipse error parser work?