[Scons-users] CPPDFINES oder conf.Define

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Mon Aug 18 08:44:18 EDT 2014

wrote:

> Bill Deegan wrote:
>
> > Florian,
> >
> > Why do you do?
> > conf = Configure(env)
> >
> > This is not usually needed unless you are using SCons's configure
> > capability which is similar to GNU AUTOCONF
>
> I guess I do use it, having a lot of CheckLib and alike calls. Isn't that
> the usual way of using scons?

I don't know if there is one usual way :-) but yes, it's a common one.
 However, Configure starts a separate phase of the SCons build process,
where the configure tests can be run.  You have to make sure to complete
that with something like
  env = conf.Finish()
and make sure all your CheckLib calls etc. are between those boundaries.
 If you don't, then everything will be "inside" that context which could
lead to odd behavior.  Configure() sets up a sort of mini-scons run inside
the main one, where the tests are run as they're defined, rather than
building the dependency graph.

--
Gary