[Scons-users] Scons bug with LINKCOMSTR on windows

Nick Hilton weegreenblobbie at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 15 20:32:05 EDT 2014

Hello All,

I'm using scons-2.3.2 on Windows 7 64-bit and having trouble with LINKCOMSTR.

I'm creating a static archive of some library code but when the command line arguments to the linker grow too long, I get this output:

Archiving src\foobar\foobar.lib
Using tempfile c:\users\username\appdata\local\temp\tmpdes6n2.lnk for command line:
lib /nologo /out:src\foobar\foobar.lib src\foobar\foo.obj src\foobar\bar.obj ...
# Lots of obj files listed ...
# Lots of obj files listed ...
# Lots of obj files listed ...

All I want to see is what LINKCOMSTR was set to, namely:

Archiving src\foobar\foobar.lib

I don't know where this output is coming from, scons or Visual Studio.  If it's coming from scons, I'd like to submit a bug report to suppress this output if LINKCOMSTR or SHLINKCOMSTR are set.

Thanks,
Nick