[Scons-users] Pass multiple build flags on the command line

William Blevins wblevins001 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 01:22:17 EDT 2014

> - Is the same effect achievable somehow with Options, rather than
> Variables? The project I work on currently uses Options for everything, and
> I'm somewhat hesitant to introduce Variables too.
> - What to do about paths with spaces? I worry about windows, sometimes.
> - How should this work with things that are naturally lists? If I wanted
> to pass in multiple CPPPATH and LIBPATH, for instance (assuming variables
> approach):
> scons CPPPATH="/opt/local/include;/usr/local/include"
> LIBPATH="/opt/local/lib;/usr/local/lib"

I'm not sure if SCons.Util has a converter for that specific case, but even
if it doesn't you can pass in your own converter function.

Also, there are several pages on passing arguments to SCons here:
http://www.scons.org/doc/production/HTML/scons-user.html#sect-command-line-options

V/R,
William

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 9:17 PM, Andrew C. Morrow <andrew.c.morrow at gmail.com