[Scons-users] Scons 2.3.2 regression for Dynamic library compilation

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat Aug 9 17:26:44 EDT 2014

Hi Laurent,

On 08.08.2014 17:22, M. Laurent MARCHELLI wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I work on a big project than compiled on Window 2007 without any major
> problem with the scons version 2.3.0.
> Since I have installed the version 2.3.2, all Dynamic Linked libraries
> didn't compiled anymore.
>
> I investigated the problem and the issue is located inside the new dmd
> implementation.
> Scons seems to get confused with .def files extensions. Instead than
> calling the 'LINK' program to create the DLL, it try to call the
> 'DLINK' program.
> However, I do not have installed any D language compiler on my system.

[...]

we have added a fix for this issue to our repository. The first tests
show that this makes the ".def" errors go away. If possible, please try
to install the latest dev version from our repo at
"http://bitbucket.org/scons/scons". We'll try to let a patch release
2.3.3 follow soon, but this might take about a week or so.

Thanks a lot for reporting this error, and we're sorry for the
inconveniences it might have caused you.