[Scons-users] Catching 'None' dependencies

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Apr 27 13:42:32 EDT 2014

Hi,

On 27.04.2014 06:35, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> I'm having some trouble tracking down a bug in my SConscript that causes

> an implicit dependency on '/some/path/None', which fails because such a

> file doesn't exist. The 'None' comes from an inadvertent null value

> somewhere, but I'm having trouble finding where it is.

> Is there any way for SCons to abort immediately upon seeing a dependency

> on 'None' so that it's easier to track down this bug? Currently, it

> goes ahead and inserts it into the dependency graph, and only halfway

> into the build it aborts because it can't find the non-existent file.

the "--taskmastertrace=FILE" option might help to see where the "None"
comes from (see MAN page). Other than that, you'll probably have to use
the debugger (pdb) or do a binary search by commenting/uncommenting
parts of your SConstruct and narrowing the place of the error down.

Best regards and "Good luck",