[Scons-users] Catching 'None' dependencies

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sun Apr 27 00:35:33 EDT 2014

I'm having some trouble tracking down a bug in my SConscript that causes
an implicit dependency on '/some/path/None', which fails because such a
file doesn't exist. The 'None' comes from an inadvertent null value
somewhere, but I'm having trouble finding where it is.

Is there any way for SCons to abort immediately upon seeing a dependency
on 'None' so that it's easier to track down this bug? Currently, it
goes ahead and inserts it into the dependency graph, and only halfway
into the build it aborts because it can't find the non-existent file.

Thanks!

Famous last words: I wonder what will happen if I do *this*...