[Scons-users] Repository directory being converted to full path

Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) ttanner2 at bloomberg.net
Mon Apr 21 04:12:25 EDT 2014

Our build, for various reasons (partly to be compatible with how we used to do it, to enable other scripts to find various things) has the repository path set to '../..'. (Yes, we build inside the repository. It works fine.)

However, scons converts every pathname it finds to a full path so each compile runs as

CC /this/is/git_repo/with/my/source/library1/source1.cc -I/this/is/where/my/source/is/library2 -Ilibrary2 -I/this/is/where/my/source/is/library3 -Ilibrary3

etc

It uses ../.. with VariantDir but variantdir says you can't have your variant dir inside your source tree.

For various reasons (the unimportant one being the length of the command lines, the important one being that this confuses a hell of a lot of tools which look at the source name

So how can I make Scons not convert the repo name into an absolute path?