[Scons-users] passing o/s environment to children in a builder

Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) ttanner2 at bloomberg.net
Wed Apr 9 10:26:48 EDT 2014

There's a few utilities we have that expect to be run with enough of a path to find things in /usr/bin, but in the main I'd prefer to avoid passing that in env['ENV']['PATH'] as (at least under make), it lead to some very sloppy and non-portable coding.

But I can't find any way of passing an environment down to an action object from a builder without doing something like PATH=/usr/bin in the command line, which looks painful. Am I missing something?