[Scons-users] Problem with variant_dir on cygwin

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Mon Sep 23 17:03:41 EDT 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 4:09 PM, Bogdan Tenea <btenea at ixiacom.com> wrote:

> I’ve also dug a little in the dependency tree (--debug=stree) and on

> cygwin test.hpp does not appear and on Linux it does.

That's the key, I think. If SCons doesn't know how to find test.hpp when
it scans test.cpp, it won't duplicate it. (It assumes it's some kind of
system file and lets the compiler sort it out.) That's why I thought
env['CPPPATH'] = ['.'] would work; it makes sure . is in the include path.
Different compilers have different rules about default include paths;
SCons may believe (perhaps incorrectly) that "." is not in the default
include path for cygwin. You should see -I. on the compiler command line
once you add it to CPPPATH. Do you see that?

(Also, cygwin directory handling is a bit wonky at times -- are you using
cygwin python as well as the rest of the cygwin tools, or "real" python?)

--
Gary