[Scons-users] emitter create dependency cycle

Philipp Kraus philipp.kraus at flashpixx.de
Wed Sep 4 02:38:03 EDT 2013

On 2013-09-04 05:07:02 +0000, Arvid Rosén said:

> Hi!

> 3 sep 2013 kl. 23:56 skrev Philipp Kraus <philipp.kraus at flashpixx.de>:

> On 2013-09-03 19:32:05 +0000, Arvid Rosén said:

> Yeah, this is tricky, and I would like to know how to handle stuff like

> this too in a good way!

> I have been facing similar problems on Mac OS when trying to write

> builders that operate on a bundle (which is a directory with a bunch of

> files).

> Wouldn't it be good to have a Node object that represents a directory

> as a single entity? That way you could write a builder that operates on

> the directory using a single action, and no need to have emitters to

> track all files in it. This would make it easy to copy and sign bundles

> etc. All these things tend to be difficult using Dir and File nodes.

> I'm thinking about a own Dir node, derivated from a Python.Value or an

> overloaded Filsystem.Node. Do you have any code excerpt, because I need

> some good ideas?

> That sounds like something I had in mind, but no, I have no code for

> this. Only ugly workarounds that rather bypass the whole problem.

I have tried to implementate this (I have do this before on my
URLDownload Builder with a Python.Value node).

I have tried to create a class like:

class DirNode(SCons.Node.FS.Dir) :

def get_contents(self) :
return "mytest"

and geht the error "AttributeError: 'FS' object has no attribute
'DirNode'". This is also correct, because my node is not in the FS
package, but I don't understand
this error, because my node is a FS.Dir node, so equal to the SCons Dir
node, except the get_contents method.

Any idea?

Thanks

Phil