[Scons-users] HowTo: toggle between toolchains during sconsbuild

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Sep 1 15:57:39 EDT 2013

Hi Phil,

On 01.09.2013 18:55, PhilAPol wrote:

> Dirk,

> Thanks for your quick response.

> Your excellent suggestion for cloning was previously attempted while

> testing different variations of method 1. The main issue with this

> approach is that when the build executes the cloned environment’s CC

> compiler (i.e., ‘/usr/bin/native-gcc’) it internally invokes the wrong

> ‘as’ assembler (‘/usr/bin/as’ –> /usr/bin/arm-as).

I'd think that this happens depending on how your PATH variable is set
up. I just installed the "gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi" package, and have the
additional tools like "as" under "/usr/arm-linux-gnueabi/bin". So, if
you additionally manipulate the
PATH of your ARM construction environment and prepend this folder to it,
things should work fine.

If not, I wonder what exactly you are doing in your
"use-arm-tools/use-native-tools" scripts. Are they available anywhere
for download/cloning?

> That is why something similar to method 2 or 3 is needed to change the

> symbolic links for all the tools just prior to compilation.

So far, separate environments are still the way to go for me. And it's
the more "SCons"ish approach... ;)