[Scons-users] Implicit cache error after running a successful build

Matias Iturburu matias.iturburu at tallertechnologies.com
Wed Oct 30 13:48:44 EDT 2013

Hello list.
I have a Builder to run Astyle (http://astyle.sourceforge.net/) to my
builds.
Thing is recently I've started getting this message when I try running it:

scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Install information:
bin dir : /home/matias/Proyectos/fudepan-build/install/bin
lib dir : /home/matias/Proyectos/fudepan-build/install/libs
headers dir: /home/matias/Proyectos/fudepan-build/install/includes
doc dir : /home/matias/Proyectos/fudepan-build/install/docs
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...

=== Running ASTYLE ===

Inalterado
/home/matias/Proyectos/fudepan-build/projects/biopp/src/bio_molecular/bio_molecular.cpp
Inalterado
/home/matias/Proyectos/fudepan-build/projects/biopp/src/bio_molecular/triplets.cpp
Inalterado
/home/matias/Proyectos/fudepan-build/projects/biopp/src/rna_structure/rna_structure.cpp
Inalterado
/home/matias/Proyectos/fudepan-build/projects/biopp/biopp/biopp.h
[astyle] OK on: /home/matias/Proyectos/fudepan-build/projects/biopp
*scons: *** [biopp:astyle] Implicit dependency
`projects/biopp/bio_molecular.H' not found, needed by target `biopp:astyle'.
*

As you can notice, the process run OK but this error pops up after the
astyle is done running.
I've followed the traceback and it rises somewhere in jobs.py:

> /usr/lib/scons/SCons/Job.py(227)start()

226 # build to stop if that's appropriate.

--> 227 task.failed()
228 else:

ipdb> n
scons: *** [biopp:astyle] Implicit dependency
`projects/biopp/bio_molecular.H' not found, needed by target `biopp:astyle'.

Which is relevant as the offending file (*projects/biopp/bio_molecular.H*)
exists in my source but with the appropriate lowercase *h *and after
following the traceback I don't see where the path gets mangled.

So my question is: What is this "implicit dependency" thing, how it works
and how do I get it to tell me what is happening with my files?

Thanks in advance.

--
<http://www.tallertechnologies.com>
Matías Iturburu

*San Lorenzo 47, 3rd Floor, Office 5
Córdoba, Argentina

*
*Phone: +54 351 4217888 / +54 351 4218211
Skype: matias.iturburu*