[Scons-users] Cloning environments, cannot enable custom tools

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Fri Oct 25 13:05:08 EDT 2013

Hi Killian,

On 25.10.2013 17:49, Killian De Smedt wrote:

> Hello everybody,

> I currently have one custom tool, called 'protoc' which adds a new

> Builder 'Protoc' to my environment.

this is the protoc Builder from the Wiki's ToolsIndex
(https://bitbucket.org/russel/scons_protobuf), right?

In this Tool, the Builder is added to the constrcution environment by

env['BUILDERS']['Protoc'] = ...

which is the old way of doing this. Starting with v0.98 (or something)
we provide the AddMethod() which should be used instead, and it makes
Clone()ing environments works as expected.

Would you be able to create an issue report for this at the Tool's repo
page? You can have a look at some other Tool like Qt4, if you need to
fix things locally for a fast solution.

Hope this helps you a little further.