[Scons-users] Batch building includes unchanged targets

Sean Houghton sean.houghton at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 22:40:25 EDT 2013

I discovered a bug in my batch builder caused by a missing file flush which
resulted in constant rebuilds. However, the problem is now that any time a
single input changes the entire set of sources is passed to the batch
builder, regardless of change state.

I've created a small repro and example output at
https://gist.github.com/seanhoughton/7148635

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Dirk Bächle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Sean,

> On 24.10.2013 23:29, Sean Houghton wrote:

>> I'm trying to batch build with a custom builder but my action is always

>> passed the entire set of source/target pairs - even if the source and

>> target files haven't changed. I've verified (with --tree=status) that

>> scons considers them "E C" (they exist and are current) but the --tree

>> output looks like it doesn't work properly with batch building.

>> My test action looks like this:

>> Action.Action('echo $CHANGED_TARGETS', batch_key=True,

>> targets='$CHANGED_TARGETS')

>> Any ideas?

> nope, not yet. But it would help if you could give a bit more info about

> how exactly you call the Builder, if possible as a short and self-contained

> example. Then I can try to reproduce the error on my side...

> Best regards,

> Dirk

-Sean