[Scons-users] Listing all dependent headers?

Andrew C. Morrow andrew.c.morrow at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 08:52:35 EDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 4:22 AM,
<andreas.ames at de.transport.bombardier.com>wrote:

> Hi Andrew,

> If you use conditional compilation in client.h or its dependencies (which

> may be controlled by the users) you may have to build several flavours of

> test_client.o (in the extreme: all permutations of supported compiler

> conditions).

I think this undermines the whole approach, since even if there originally
was no conditional compilation to worry about, I can't know for certain
that conditional compilation has not been newly introduced anywhere in the
dependency chain of headers, and trying to capture all variations sounds
painful.