[Scons-users] Using Linker Plugin with Scons

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Tue Oct 22 07:10:23 EDT 2013

Justin,

On 22.10.2013 00:39, Justin Zane Chudgar wrote:

>> [...]

> I'm working on a personal fork of Wesnoth here:

> https://github.com/justinzane/wesnoth-old/tree/jz_clang

> The file in question is "SConstruct.py" which is symlinked to SConstruct in my

> working directory. Git, as I have learned :), does not handle that well. The

> only reason for the weird symlink is so that Eclipse CDT will open it in an

> external editor.

> The section in question is at ~line 307. Note that I have tried numerous

> variations on the string to append to LINKFLAGS, just the last failure is

> there.

you're loading a Tool named "llvm", right after setting the LINKFLAGS. I
currently don't see where this Tool comes from, I can't seem to find it
anywhere in the repo.
So, I'm not able to check whether it overwrites the LINKFLAGS
again...please do that on your side.
A grep for "LINKFLAGS" in the whole source tree might also help, since
it looks as if your settings get overwritten somewhere. As Bill
suggested, you can try to track down the exact place by adding a print
debug statement:

print env.Dump()

in your SConstruct(s) and checking the contents of the LINKFLAGS variable.

Hope this helps you a little further.