[Scons-users] Using Linker Plugin with Scons

Justin Zane Chudgar justin at justinzane.com
Mon Oct 21 14:20:25 EDT 2013

> Justin,

> Please take a look at the manpage.

> You're looking for *LINKFLAGS

> Depending on what you are linking, you'll need to add it to the appropriate

> version of this flag(s).

Bill: I have "rtfm" and tried various incantations to add the `-Xlinker -
plugin -Xlinker "/path/to/LLVMgold.so"` options to LINKFLAGS. It seems that no
matter how I try this:
`env.Append(LINKFLAGS = Split("-Xlinker -plugin -Xlinker
\"/path/to/LLVMgold.so\""))`
or
`env.Append(LINKFLAGS = Split("-Xlinker \"-plugin\" -Xlinker
\"/path/to/LLVMgold.so\"")`
etc... I end up with an output commandline that only includes "-plugin -
Xlinker"