[Scons-users] Correct way to expand path variables

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Fri Oct 18 12:02:10 EDT 2013

On 18.10.2013 16:06, Henry Gomersall wrote:

> On 14/10/13 18:03, Dirk Bächle wrote:

>> [...]

>> please try

>> print env.subst('$JINJA_TEMPLATE_SEARCHPATH')

>> instead. Additionally, you might want to have a short look at "7.2.3.

>> Expanding Values From a Construction Environment: the subst Method"

>> in the UserGuide...

> Apologies for the slowness on this, I've been rather busy on other

> things.

> It makes more sense now. I assumed that it was automatically in the

> same way that CPPPATH is. Is there a way to do more automated handling

> so not requiring the user to instantiate the nodes explicitly?

I'm not quite sure about what you mean here by "more automated
handling". The substitution of JINJA_TEMPLATE_SEARCHPATH takes place in
the scanner, right? So it's part of the Tool, and the normal user
shouldn't have to worry about these steps at all.

Can you give a short example (like in a code snippet) where you point to
an expression and say: "I want to get rid of this, and have it look more
like this."?

Regards,