[Scons-users] Handling implicit dependencies for generated source files in variant dirs

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Thu Oct 10 06:39:59 EDT 2013

On 10.10.2013 12:16, Henry Gomersall wrote:

> [...]

> The tool is here:

> https://gist.github.com/hgomersall/6915968#file-jinja-py

Had a first look right now.

> [...]

> The templates are actually built from the top level SConstruct file,

> using something like the following:

> c_file = env.Jinja(os.path.join('src', target_c_file), filenames)

As far as I understood what you said about this Tool, this Builder would
also create additional *.h files right?

Then, the problem is clear. Your Builder is missing a proper Emitter,
telling SCons which targets exactly result from the call of the Jinja()
method. That's why it can't make the proper connection between your
auto-generated stuff and the rest of the DAG.

Hope this gets you going again.

P.S.: And once you have the Builder working, don't forget to add it to
http://scons.org/wiki/ToolsIndex ... ;)