[Scons-users] Tool specification `exists()` not called?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Thu Oct 10 04:10:51 EDT 2013

On 10.10.2013 09:16, Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) wrote:

> I'd like to do it the other way round to be honest.

> env.Tool('QT4')

> would fail if it can't find QT4 in the expected place

> env['QT4DIR'] = '/somethng/special/'

> env.Tool('QT4')

I agree, both ways should be supported. It wasn't my intention to cut
one of the two...
What I'm actually after here, is a clear separation between the Tool()
call, which install the Builders and changes the Environment...and
detecting whether a Tool "exists". The latter should be handled
somewhere else, like in the "exists" method for example.