[Scons-users] Builder

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Wed Nov 27 18:10:15 EST 2013

Neven,

On 27.11.2013 21:45, Neven Klacar wrote:

> The use case is to take a source c file, pass it to my builder, and my

> builder will then pass it on to another builder which will pre-process

> the file using a pre-processor which will create a new c file.

> After this I will run a python script to replace certain tags in the

> new file. Once finished my builder will return and the newly created

> file is sent to Env.Object.

> So flow is src file a.c -> My builder -> PreProcess(target, src)

> My emitter modifies the target file to be a_altered.c

when defining a Builder, you can also use a list of Actions for the
"action=" parameter.
If you can get at the underlying command of the PreProcess() Builder you
want to use, you should be able to chain all the required steps in a
single Builder.
See also the thread at

http://scons.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=1272&dsMessageId=383331

.

Before you start to implement your own text replacement Builder, you
might want to have a look at

http://www.scons.org/wiki/SubstInFileBuilder
http://www.scons.org/wiki/SubstInFileBuilder2
http://www.scons.org/wiki/GenericSubstBuilder