[Scons-users] Trying to use Execute()

Matias Iturburu matias.iturburu at tallertechnologies.com
Fri Nov 22 09:14:07 EST 2013

2013/11/21 William Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com>

> On Nov 21, 2013, at 12:22 PM, Leandro Moreno <

> leandro.moreno at tallertechnologies.com> wrote:

> > Hello again SCons guys!

> > This time, I have an inconvenient trying to use the function Execute()

> from SCons.

> > I have a builder to check the name's convention. But the tool that do

> the job, check the dependencies errors too. And I want to filter those

> errors. So, to do this I use subprocess.Popen(), and I take the stderr.

> > Now, I want to use The Execute(), but the problem here is that I don't

> know how to take the output to manipulate It. Is there a way to do this?

> Redirect the output to a file, add the file to the list of outputs in the

> builder's emitter.

> Create another builder to process that file.

That's really inconvenient.
Couldn't we subclass Execute an make it return a stderr or stdout object?
Is there interest in something along this lines?

> -Bill

<http://www.tallertechnologies.com>
Matías Iturburu
Software Engineer

*San Lorenzo 47, 3rd Floor, Office 5 Córdoba, Argentina *

*Phone: +54 351 4217888 / +54 351 4218211 Skype: matias.iturburu*